We will continue discussion on Where are Our Lost Children? The Janissaries, written by Karl Springenschmidt on Wednesday, April 27th at 8:00 PM Eastern Daylight Savings time.
Access: Zoom Meeting Link
Following that our next meeting will be on Wednesday, May 18th at 8:00 PM. The book we will discuss will be Bread On My Mother’s Table, by Ingrid Andor. Also available on Amazon, and I believe Barnes and Noble.
- A larger book, chronicling a Ukranian Family of German descent from Pre-WWII to their arrival in the United States. In consideration of our current world situation, this will be a great discussion, as well as the many Ukranian families that we know who went through a very similar story: The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan.
- That will keep us busy for quite some time, but I would also suggest that you get a copy of The Great Swabian Migration a historical novel by Adam Mueller-Guttenbrunn. The version we will read has been translated into English.
How to get the books!
- Bread: On My Mother’s Table by Ingrid Andor available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
- The Last Green Valley by Mark Sullivan available on Amazon and Barnes and Noble.
- The Great Swabian Migration a historical novel by Adam Mueller-Guttenbrunn. The English translation is available through Pannonia Press online. Email Elsa Walter at email@example.com. I believe that the book is $20.00 plus 5.00 shipping.
Reach out to me if you have questions by email firstname.lastname@example.org
Please share this post with your friends.
Topics We have discussed Previously:
- Maps of Back Home
- Back to the Banat by Victor Wendl
- The Julius Doppler Story
- Once a Refugee by Frid E Nutley & Christine Gegner
- Our Lost Children: Janissaries? by Karl Springenschmid