On Sunday, at the Picnic of the Gaufest in Buffalo, NY, the United German Hungarians were announced as the 4th place winner of the Gruppen Preisplatteln competition.
2017 Preisplattler Team:
- Alex Blank – Karina Fricker
- Danny Galgon – Emma Walter
- Sasha Malofiy Jr. – Michelle Paul
- Werner Fricker – Allysa Reiter
- Marlene Fricker, Coach
- Michael Fricker – Kristen Reiter, Alternates
- Dino Jakovasic, on Accordion
The top five ranked clubs were as follows:
- 1st Place: STV Bavaria, Cleveland, Ohio
- 2nd Place: TEV Edelweiss, Denver, Colorado
- 3rd Place: GTV Almrausch, Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
- 4th Place: United German-Hungarians, Oakford, Pennsylvania
- 5th Place: Bayern Verein Newark, Union, New Jersey
In addition to this group achievement three of our dancers won individual awards:
- Janet Malofiy & Paul Ulrich Jr. win Gold in 35-49 Age Group Einzelpreisplatteln
- Kyra Malofiy placed 2nd in 12-15 Age Group Einzelpresiplatteln
See all the results at www.gauverband.com
EDITOR’S NOTE: In reviewing our archives it seems this year no post Gaufest articles were included in the Monthly Progress. An extensive pre-Gaufest article by Emily Fricker outlining the history of our group at the Gaufest and in competition was published in the May-June issue which can be READ HERE.
The featured image shows our club dancers marching off after performing an Ehrentanz at the Sunday Gaufest Picnic.