L to R: Marlene Fricker (coach), Dino Jakovasic (accompanist), Dan Galgon, Nichole Deely, Michelle McFadden, Sasha Malofiy Jr., Emma Walter, Karina Fricker, Jason Noel, Kristen Reiter, Werner Fricker III, Allysa Reiter, Stevie Paul, Mikaela Malofiy, Tom Vogt (Vorstand Gauverband Nordamerika), Alex Blank (Vorplattler)
ATLANTIC CITY, NJ – On Sunday, July 10 the United German Hungarians were announced as the 3rd place winner of the Gruppen Preisplatteln competition held at the 28. Gaufest hosted by Edelweiss Passaic. Our team consisted of six couples.
2022 Preisplattler Team:
- Alex Blank – Mikaela Malofiy
- Werner Fricker III – Allysa Reiter
- Sasha Malofiy – Michelle McFadden
- Stevie Paul – Kristen Reiter
- Danny Galgon – Karina Fricker
- Jason Noel – Emma Walter
- Marlene Blank, Coach
- Bob Walter – Nichole Deely, Alternates
- Dino Jakovasic, on Accordion
The top five ranked clubs were as follows:
- 1st – GTV Almrausch, Philadelphia, PA
- 2nd – Schuhplattler VV Original Enzian, NY
- 3rd – United German Hungarians, Oakford, PA
- 4th – Schuhplattler und Trachtenverein Bavaria, Cleveland, OH
- 5th – Bayern Verein Newark, Union, NJ
The top three ranking clubs are awarded gold, silver, and bronze medals. This 3rd place finish marks the seventh time the German Hungarians have placed in the top three. It is the fourth time we have been awarded third place after 1993, 1995, & 1997. We placed second in 2003 in Philadelphia. We also placed first in 1999 and in 2007.
In addition to this group achievement three of our dancers won individual awards:
- Evangeline Noel (Ages 12-15): 3rd Place
- Nichole Deely (Ages 35-49): 1st Place
- Janet Malofiy (Ages 50-59): 3rd Place
Congratulations to all the winners as well as the GTV Almrausch, Original Enzian, STV Bavaria, and Bayern Verein Newark!
See all the results at www.gauverband.com
The featured image is our 2022 Gruppen Prize Plattler team with their 3rd Place Medals at the Gaufest in Atlantic City, New Jersey.